Tuesday, 18 September 2012

A Christening Card

I made this card for a family member's forthcoming Christening. I stamped the Sleeping Baby Tilda image onto watercolour card and then coloured it in with distress inks and added an extra touch of sparkle using my Stickles glitter.
The die cuts used on the card are all Spellbinders and I had to add extra bling with diamantes around the scalloped edge die cut. The sentiment tag was also made using Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags Two - I really like these dies, as they are so versatile.
Thank you for stopping by. Toodle pips. Donna.x

Sunday, 9 September 2012

Colouring Class - Project 2

This was the second project that we completed in the afternoon and again the design of the card needs to be credited to Louise at SirStampalot. This time the image was coloured with distress inks, which again I completed myself.
The sentiment was stamped onto the die cut cloud, which had been cut using the Magnolia Tilda die. A piece of ribbon was then threaded through with a little flower charm attached with a piece of string. The butterflies were added and embellished with pearls and the flowers were handmade (by myself) from a Tim Holtz die. The leaves were punched out separately.
Thank you for taking the time to look. Toodle pips! Donna.x

Colouring Class - Project 1

This was the first project that we completed at my colouring class at SirStampalot with Louise. I must therefore give credit to her for the design of the card, although I coloured the image myself. It was an excellent day with lots of crafting and delicious cookies (gratefully brought in by a fellow class attendee) yummeee!

The image was coloured with a mixture of copic pens and then edged with a faux stitching stamp and distressed with tea dye ink. The sentiment was stamped onto a separate piece of card and added to the easel part of the card with some ric rac ribbon.
The bottom part of the card was made into a drawer and the top was made into an easel card. The two parts were then glued together. The balloons were also coloured with copic pens and then added to the finished project with some string.
Thank you for taking the time to look. Toodle pips. Donna.x

Wednesday, 5 September 2012

My first attempt at distress inks

Evening everyone! First and foremost please forgive me if the photos have disappeared, I'm having a little touble with my uploads!

 I have finally got round to uploading this card I made at the weekend. As a new blogger I find that at the moment I'm spending more time fiddling with the blog and less time crafting! This was my first attempt at colouring with Tim Holtz distress markers and I have to say that, having heard mixed reviews about them, I quite like them. I stamped the Magnolia image onto water colour card and used a mixture of distress ink markers and re-inkers. The face I coloured with my trusty copic pens.
The paper was from a Paper Cellar "Black and White" stack and the border across the middle was made using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch. The embossing was done with a "Garden Flowers" embossing folder.
The inside of the card was decorated to match the front, although I used the mini fanciful flourish die cuts to decorate the corners.

To finish it off the bow was decorated with glitter glue and the card was embellished with orange ribbon and flowers.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Toodle pips! Donna.x


Sunday, 2 September 2012